Friday, 16 April 2010

Traditions of Man

Traditions of Man make the Word of God of no Effect!

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again (Luke 6:38).


John Avanzini says in his book, ‘Always Abounding’ (Page 27, Harrison House) that it’s the traditions of man that create the misunderstandings and the problems where scripture is concerned. For he says, “See how our traditions tend to make the Word of God of no effect.”

“Making the Word of God of none effect through your tradition…” (Mark 7:13)

The plain teaching of the Scriptures is that God is not obliged to give anything to anyone until something has been given to Him. “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again” (Luke 6:38).

Most Christians make the mistake of considering their tithe as a ‘gift’ to God. According to the Bible, the tithe belongs to God. Those who tithe are simply returning to the Lord that which is already His. “… all the tithe of the land…is the Lord’s; it is holy unto the Lord” (Leviticus 27:30). Not only does the tithe belong to the Lord but also it is clearly stated that it must be returned to Him in a timely manner. If not, He charges the delinquent tither a very high interest rate. “And if a man will at all redeem ought (hold back any) of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part (20%) thereof” (Leviticus 27:31).

There it is in black and white. The tithe is the Lord’s, and it must not be kept back from Him. If it is, God charges twenty-percent interest! Let this sink down into your spirit. God does not owe anyone so much that there shall not be room enough to receive it when they tithe. The tithe is His already. Realizing this let me help you to see just what giving the tithe does for us. It opens the windows of heaven.

It is a universal practice among men to close and lock the windows and doors to keep thieves out of the house. Is it any surprise to find that God does this same thing? As long as a person robs God of the tithe, the windows of heaven stay tightly closed over his life. While the windows of heaven are closed, the increase of God is blocked.

Look again at God’s promise to open the windows of heaven over your life each time you faithfully tithe.

“Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing…” (Malachi 3:10).

Every time you tithe, the windows of heaven open. God then stands ready to pour out a blessing. But remember… something more is needed. God says it is not enough to simply open the windows of heaven with your tithe. Everything in heaven won’t just start tumbling out through those windows. The blessings must be poured out.

I like what John Avanzini says, “God does not ask you to give your tithes and offerings to make you poor.” I remember some years ago, God was prompting me to go to one of John Avanzini’s meetings and in those days my initial reaction was, “How much is this meeting going to cost me.?!” Do you know that’s true for many? They literally leave their purse or their wallet at home just in case God might convict them to give! But God spoke to my heart very loudly and said, “It’s not about what you can do for me, it’s about what I (He) can do you”.

Listen, it’s taken me years to get these revelations into my heart. Into my soul, into my unconscious, THAT GOD WANTS TO BLESS US, ME, YOU. HE WANTS TO ESTABLISH US IN HIS PROSPERITY. I can’t understand how anyone would not want to receive what God has already provided for, whether it is their healing or any other need.

Your tithing (of obedience) opens the windows of heaven. Another word is ‘floodgates’. I like that word, ‘floodgates’ it reminds me of a gigantic DAM and you are standing at the foot of this gigantic wall and the other side is literally billions of gallons of water. Just imagine that, behind the floodgates of heaven, there is enough supply to furbish planet earth a million times.

It’s important to remember you are giving your offerings so that God can (and will) pour out all of those blessings. Because now your tithe has opened the floodgate, all those blessings that you could not imagine are yours. Remember it also says that the measure that you give will also be the measure that he gives back to us. Referring more to what we see as the offering (seed) side of our commitment to God.

You might ask yourselves a question, which part of my giving i.e., the paying of my tithe or the giving of my offerings bring the return that God promises. Let me just clarify again. These steps of obedience of paying one’s tithe and giving of offerings trigger two different responses from God. (We need to do all things by faith. So we need to establish that we have to believe on God to bring about any response.)

The first response from God is to open the heavens or the floodgates that in itself does not bring the return. What it means is that heaven is open. The second response is the harvest of your seed.

Now we need just to clarify here that we are not just talking about money. And we are not looking to pay God to heal us or to bless us! But He is helping us to respond by faith to Him in every area of our lives. It also has been said that He is not looking for our money, but He is looking to get money to us! It’s about God’s ways of financial release throughout the Body of Christ to be used within this time to fuel the gospel and to enhance His work here on earth.

Your tithe then is a door opener. It opens a door / window(s) to the field(s) where you sow your seed that will bring you your harvest.

PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Father I thank you for my inheritance in Christ. I rejoice that I am in the promised land which You have provided for me in Him, the Kingdom of Almighty God. I was a sinner serving Satan; he was my god. But I called upon the name of Jesus, and You heard my cry and delivered me into the Kingdom of Your dear Son.

CONFESSION OF THE DAY
Jesus, you are my Lord and High Priest, I bring the first fruits of my income to You and worship You with it. I recognize all the good, which You have given to me and my household and I chose to rejoice. I have listened to Your voice and have done according to all that You have commanded me. I declare my confidence in Your faithfulness towards me, even your faithfulness towards Your own Word to fulfill it, and to perform it, concerning my life.



THANK YOU FOR HELPING TO MAKE THIS MINISTRY POSSIBLE!
WE LOVE YOU…!

Motto: ‘God Chooses, then the Spirit Tests, but You Must Respond!’

Copyright 2010 © Alan Pateman Ministries

0 comments:

Post a Comment