Tuesday, 30 March 2010

The Veil is Lifted

Instantly the Veil is taken Away!

“…WHENEVER anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom” (2 Cor. 3:16-17 NIV).


This time I’d like to look at the Love of God, revealed through the precious blood of Jesus.

Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. God showed how much he loved us by sending his one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love—not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. (1 John 4:7-10 NLT)

I think it has to be said that the majority of the Body of Christ don’t really understand the profound LOVE of God; the very love that took the initiative of making reconciliation with Him possible. Any love we show Him is just a response to His, with which He first loved us (John 3:3; 3:16; Romans 3:22-26). He took the first step, with His ultimate act of Love, by sending Jesus to die, in final atonement for our personal sins. In other words Jesus picked up the cheque, the debt was totally cleared.

Offering Himself was the ultimate and perfect of all offerings which satisfied the justice of God. Only on the grounds of that sacrifice can God the Father accept us as His own and judge us INNOCENT for eternity.

Jesus died in Our Place:
Without Christ we were unrighteous and had no hope of ever being righteous outside of the cross. Our only hope was Christ, and He failed us not; He stepped into our place and suffered the penalty that was due us. Without sin, he suffered the punishment of a sinner – the requirement of the law. Righteousness took the place of unrighteousness; only through Christ can the unrighteous become righteous.

Jesus nailed unrighteousness to the cross, and through Him we can be made righteous before God. He gave us the opportunity to stand ‘right’ in the sight of God. “For Christ [the Messiah Himself] died for sins once for all, the Righteous for the unrighteous (the Just for the unjust, the Innocent for the guilty), that He might bring us to God. In His human body He was put to death, but He was made alive in the spirit...” (1 Peter 3:18 AMP)

No Obstacle Stands in the Way:
After His death on the cross the veil in the Temple was torn in two. Any separation we experienced before the cross has now been obliterated by the eternal, once for all, blood covenant made at Calvary between the Father and Jesus. “But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the Old Covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away.” (2 Cor. 3:14)

We only enjoy ACCESS through the blood; access to the throne of love. Never could we have called God “FATHER” without the blood. Jesus and only Jesus made reconciliation possible. In fact, every single time salvation occurs for an individual, instantly the veil is taken away! (2 Cor. 3:16-17)

Only when we turn [repent] can the veil be taken away. In God’s sight the washing of the blood has made us clean and now His Spirit has come to live in us and now we can experience true FREEDOM! Freedom from the bondage of sin and death, freedom to live in Christ and for Christ, freedom to be a child of God and freedom to worship Him in ‘…spirit and in truth.’ (John 4:24)

PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Thank you Father for taking the veil away; help me to stay unveiled by not returning to my own righteousness like a dog to his own vomit! You made a way where there was no way for me. You took my brokenness and made me clean and whole. You affected Your awesome and eternal plan to rescue me from myself and failed me not. Help me to remain clear. I never want to be dull again; towards the covenant that You made with Christ on my behalf. I take Your righteousness and atonement. I receive Your free gift. Thank you for Your everlasting Love and for setting this captive free!

CONFESSION OF THE DAY
Today I live in the righteousness of God; in right standing with Him. Not through any works of my own, but because of His extravagant saving grace and the atonement of Jesus Christ. I affirm the work of the cross and the atonement of His blood. I have gained access to the Father only through Jesus, who drew a blood-line around my soul and declared me a free zone! My door-frames and lintels are covered with His blood. And I stand atoned today because of Him and Him alone. I am redeemed and I chose to “say so...!”
Has the LORD redeemed you? Then speak out!
Tell others he has redeemed you... (Psalm 107:2 NLT)



THANK YOU FOR HELPING TO MAKE THIS MINISTRY POSSIBLE!
WE LOVE YOU…!

Motto: ‘God Chooses, then the Spirit Tests, but You Must Respond!’

Copyright 2010 © Alan Pateman Ministries

0 comments:

Post a Comment