Tuesday, 23 March 2010

Blessed Obedience

It is His Faith in us alone that can Accomplish the Destiny to which He has set before Us!

"...by the faith OF the Son of God.” Galatians 2: 20

I remember some years ago within the early years of my ministry, a time when I was seeking the Lord to use me. Earnestly praying and seeking God's face; like many young men I really wanted to do everything that God had called me to do.

I loved hearing stories of the saints of old who down through the ages etched their mark on history as we know it. I have always been inspired to read about their small beginnings and how God took them from nothing and made a something out of them!

Smith Wigglesworth was such a man, simple in speech, unsophisticated; a true man's-man, whom I could relate to. Regardless of education or eloquence, he was potent for the Lord!

These types were my inspiration and I remember one day, crying out to God, 'If only, I could be like Smith Wigglesworth'. To which I remember God's reply as if it were only yesterday, "Why limit yourself?" At first not understanding I soon realised what He was communicating, "Don't be bound by another man's achievements". Be sure to, "Take your eyes off of men and get them back on Me".

God never requires us to clone ourselves nor strive to fulfil another man's destiny. In fact it’s only as we keep our eyes on Him to hear His guiding voice, will we posse’s faith sufficient enough to fulfil our own divine destiny – without LIMIT!

Long ago I realised this simple but life changing truth; superseding all my best efforts! Ample is faith all the time we yield our lives to THE FAITH OF THE SON OF GOD. Trying to muster faith is pitiful! No! “I live", Paul said in Galatians 2: 20, "by the faith OF the Son of God.”

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by 'the faith of the Son' of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (Gal 2:20 KJV)

Through yielding we not only have sufficient faith 'IN' but also enjoy the faith ‘OF’ the Son of God. It is His faith in us alone that can accomplish the destiny to which He has set before us!

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you. (Phi 1:6 Amplified)

My prayer for you, precious reader is that you not only study to show yourself approved, but that you earnestly look to God for the path which he has set before you. Yielding to His faith that never stops reaching for your DESTINY!

My heart aches whenever I think of all the wasted potential in the world today. Staggering millions of people! With talents untapped, underdeveloped and un-applaud.

Others choose to live far below their potential and talents in the spirit of fear and procrastination. Listen, no one appreciates an educated fool! Nor the expert who knows EVERYTHING about SOMETHING but NOTHING ELSE! People don’t much care for the ‘educated guess’ either! What cuts the ICE (no pun intended!) is our ability to hear God and live out those instructions.

He who is able to hear, let him listen to and give heed to what the Spirit says to the assemblies (churches). To him who overcomes (is victorious), I will grant to eat [of the fruit] of the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God. (Rev 2:7 Amplified)

In the last 20 years of walking with the Lord I have seen much success simply by obeying HIS VOICE. This does not negate knowing his written Word of course! Nevertheless RELATIONSHIP without Rhema is a misnomer or an oxymoron!

In the process of time, I have also seen many go through systems of education, with great earnest, endeavour and expectation only to come out the other side fully equipped with qualifications they never use! Many fail to step beyond the preparation and allow God to USE them to the max.

Our intelligence and education surrounding the Word of God must never cease to be paramount, but one must never substitute obedience for knowledge alone. Yet the process of equipping us with skill in the things of God is only to aid our obedience to His voice. Rightly dividing His Word in the spirit of revelation has its purpose buried in the fact that we aught to live obediently to the now Word of God; living revelation!

My encouragement for anyone studying with earnest in preparation for what they believe God has said to them, is this. In all your pursuit of knowledge, never fail to develop a hearing ear! And in the hearing, is the doing…!

Sadly a relatively small percentage of all students ever end up doing what they actually studied for. My prayer is that you not only fulfil your potential and purpose but WALK it through to completion in all obedience.

The Apostle Paul said,

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10)

It’s evident that God assigned a special path in life for you. It is your duty to find out what that path is and walk it through, with the Faith of the Son of God.

PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Lord I pray as Paul prayed: “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by 'the faith of the Son' of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Gal 2:20 KJV)

CONFESSION OF THE DAY
Father God you never required us to clone ourselves nor strive to fulfil another man's destiny. Therefore I will keep my eyes on You to hear Your guiding voice. I possess sufficient faith this day to fulfil my divine destiny without any limitations. You have empowered me to walk with You in obedience. I will not come short in any area and I trust you this day to lead the way to success that comes from living in willing obedience.



THANK YOU FOR HELPING TO MAKE THIS MINISTRY POSSIBLE!
WE LOVE YOU…!

Motto: ‘God Chooses, then the Spirit Tests, but You Must Respond!’

Copyright 2010 © Alan Pateman Ministries

0 comments:

Post a Comment