Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Worry is Practical Atheism

If He is the answer, what's the problem?
If He says yes then who can say no?

"Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." Mark 9:24 (KJV)

The definition of a pessimist:
Do you work with someone, have a friend or a colleague who is always pessimistic and dampening your zeal of faith with their humanistic realism, doubt and unbelief? Perhaps you have an employee who points out what you don't have and why you can't do what you plan to do? They explain to you what you already know when you just ask them to do a job! The definition of a pessimist is someone who is gloomy and distrustful. However the definition for a cynic is someone who knows everything and believes nothing! Many people are cynical at heart; it is concealed and criticises faith at every turn.

In the world to be a pragmatist is a commendable quality, whereas in the world of faith it is where all things practical start and all things spiritual stop! Someone who is pragmatic is overly practical, lending too much emphasis to the flesh and the carnal mind. Another character we often find ourselves working with (rowing the boat with) is the humanist! They are the ones who lend far too much to reason and all things natural while rejecting the importance of belief in God. They always look for the problems and the reasons why faith can't work! They magnify the problems above the solutions and drain you of mental, physical and spiritual energy. They work to lower your enthusiasm and inspiration. And if this type of person is your employee, you spend most of your time trying to keep them motivated and 'up' all the time; so much so that you can never leave them to themselves otherwise they always manage to talk themselves out of a job! I am talking about the average believer!

Another undesirable character is that of worry... being over concerned, troubled, fretful and anxious. It is a bible sin! Especially prevalent right now when confidence in the global economy is zilch! "...as goes the economy so goes the rest of the world." But the Bible warns us not to cast our confidence away, promising a reward to those who don't lose heart.

Worry is practical atheism:
I quote Pastor John Hagee who said recently, "Worry is practical atheism..!"A definition of atheism is the "...disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or gods." And when we worry or lend too much thinking to the flesh we are literally "denying God" in the situation! Think of that... too many believers are actually believers! I admire the father who said, "Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." Mark 9:24 (KJV) At least he was honest and did not seek to cover it up! Maybe we should pray the same thing continually, "Lord help me with my unbelief."

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death (Rev 21:7-8 KJV).

At times I have described myself as a "realist" yet in the positive sense; as I usually say things for what they are... but not at the expense of faith... Either we see things as the flesh reveals them or as God reveals them. We must be seers by the Spirit of God and not our own flesh.

Carefully choose who you have working around you, however if the choice is not yours, then learn to insulate yourself! Because those who lean towards these characteristics will always be looking for the negative and always busy trying to work everything out; calculating the impossibilities before you have even had chance to believe that the best might happen...!

Usually those operating in such behaviour suffer with rejection and who do not have a revelation of who they are in Christ... [an orphan spirit] but if you have truly met Christ, and He has been revealed to your heart... then you will never worry again! If He is the answer, what's the problem? If He says yes then who can say no? Your heavenly Father will take care of every issue for your life, as He is more aware than we, of the things that we need.

PRAYER FOR THE DAY
Father my heart is to walk by faith; Your Word says that the just shall live by faith and I want to see things by Your Holy Spirit. I want to walk upright and without reproach, and I want to think outside of the humanistic box and see things on a bigger scale than the average person does. You are a great God. How can I think small when I have such a great God? Help me see things the way You do. Help me insulate myself with the power of Your Word and Your Spirit, from the world around me, which is pessimistic and critical towards You. Help me love those who operate this way; as my struggle is not against their flesh and their blood, but help me maintain my position of faith at all times. I want to walk and live free of the influences of this world around me and to live continually for and with You. Amen

CONFESSION OF THE DAY
Father today I remain fully persuaded that your Kingdom has come, in my life! Therefore I am not of this world. The worries and concerns that are prevalent in this life are not for me. I am free. Those the Son set free are free indeed. I have a different mindset altogether. I have the mind of Christ. And no matter how bad the economy gets; I confess that I have not been given the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. Thank you Father, in Jesus name amen.



THANK YOU FOR HELPING TO MAKE THIS MINISTRY POSSIBLE!
WE LOVE YOU…!

Motto: ‘God Chooses, then the Spirit Tests, but You Must Respond!’

Copyright 2010 © Alan Pateman Ministries

0 comments:

Post a Comment